SBS Bank Hawkins

Game Day - Week 8

22 May 2016

Metro Logo Hawkins Logo SATURDAY 21st May 2016

SCORES: New Brighton 27 University 8; Sydenham 39 Marist Albion 18; HSOB 17 Christchurch 10; Shirley 24 Burnside 3; Linwood 16 Sumner 3; Lincoln University 74 Belfast 3.



Enigmatic High School Old Boys kept alive their hopes of a top six finish in the Metro Division One competition for the Hawkins Cup with a seven-point victory over Christchurch in their round eight clash at Rugby Park on Saturday.

Old Boys started the round in eighth place, four positions behind Christchurch, but whereas Christchurch failed to make the most of their opportunities, Old Boys took advantage of their limited chances to score a vital win, one that saw it leap-frog Marist Albion into seventh slot.

If ever a team needed to be swabbed it is Old Boys. The 2014 Trophy champions have beaten defending Cup champion Lincoln University, last year’s runner-up New Brighton, and now Christchurch, the beaten championship finalist last season.

Mixed with those fine achievements have been losses to Marist Albion, Shirley and Sumner, all teams in the bottom half of the competition. Old Boys have another chance to claim an important scalp next Saturday when they oppose University at Ilam.

University, equal second after seven rounds, dropped to fifth when it lost at home to New Brighton, the team which shared second spot. New Brighton, with its scrum in control, started strongly and held sway for most of the match, but it was denied a bonus-point try in the last play.

Fullback Scott Davidson slid into the corner flag as he went for the fourth try. The referee was unsighted but after consulting his assistant referee the ruling went against New Brighton.

Lincoln University consolidated its lead and increased it to four points over New Brighton with an expected rout of Belfast. Belfast kept the three times Cup champion to a 14-point half-time lead but it was all one-way traffic in the second spell. Lincoln scored 11 tries, two to second-five Jordie Barrett, who had a match haul of 29 points.

The DCL Shield changed hands for the second time in a week when Linwood, now equal third on the standings, overcame Sumner in a low-scoring affair at St Leonard’s Square. Sydenham joined Linwood in third place with a six try-to-two, 39-18, win over Marist Albion, which is in danger of missing the top six after a four-win, four-loss record.

While University and Sumner were unable to celebrate their club days with success, Shirley did give their supporters reason to propose a celebratory toast on its club day. Shirley posted its second win, a convincing 21-point victory over win-less Burnside.



New Brighton v University At Ilam 1: New Brighton 27 (Aaron McCoy 2, Lucas Hill tries; Scott Davidson 3 conv, 2 pen) beat University 8 (Braydon Ennor try; Nic Brooker pen). HT: 17-8. Referee: Nick Webster (North Otago).

New Brighton sweated on a discussion between North Otago referee Nick Webster and assistant referee Colin Hammond to see whether it had scored the bonus-point try, but after a long consultation the answer went against the seasiders.

The odds of a fourth New Brighton try were long as the visitors had managed only two in the first 78min, but they sensed a chance when No.8 Aaron McCoy crossed for the second time from a 5m scrum.

There was time for the kick-off and a sweeping counter-attack with forwards and backs stringing phases together and maintaining the ball especially well given the wet and slippery conditions. It looked as if Brighton might bag the fourth try as speedy fullback Scott Davidson slid in at the corner, taking the flag with him.

New Brighton started the celebrations whoops as referee Webster told Hammond he was not in a position to see the grounding. They discussed it before Webster ruled no try and blew for full-time. It was a close call but the correct decision was made.

A depleted University was rocked from the kick-off when it failed to control the rolling ball. New Brighton won an attacking lineout then dominated several scrums near the line before McCoy detached from the back and crashed over after 3min.

After 17min Brighton was in again through lock Lucas Hill. The Brighton forwards drove repeatedly at the line, and while University did well to thwart several surges on the paint, the pressure finally told as Hill was driven across by his fellow forwards.

University started rather carelessly and a little lethargically, but it lifted its game after the second Brighton try and forwards and backs combined to take play deep into its opponent 22m.

The students were rewarded for their patient build-up after 22min when first-five Rob Sullivan glided through to within metres of the line and the ball was recycled right where Brighton lacked numbers. Centre Nigel Gibb gave the perfect pass for fullback Braydon Ennor to cross out wide.

Davidson, who had converted both tries, added a penalty after 25min to give New Brighton a 17-8 lead which it maintained to half-time.

New BrightonNic Brooker kicked a penalty for University 3min after the restart but that was to be his team’s last points. With the southerly at its back, Brighton was able to kick deep and make it hard for University to leave it half. When University did make inroads and attack the line, the Brighton defence stood firm.

University also defended bravely with some desperation tackles made as Brighton runners made a series of breaks that threatened tries. A second Davidson penalty after 50min and McCoy’s late try completed the second-half scoring.

Young Hill acquitted himself well in his 60min, winning opposition lineout throws and tackling strongly around the fringes. Flanker Louis Harmon made some rampaging runs and the Brighton scrum, apart from conceding a tight-head in an attacking position, was rock solid and often had University back-pedalling.

Halfback Reuben Spicer ran the ship expertly in the first half and second-five Robbie Mulvena was an explosive attacker who broke many first tackles.

For University, lock Francis Auwerda proved a nuisance on Brighton’s lineout throws and No.8 and captain Sam Godwin got through a power of work. Halfback Finlay Christie cleared well under pressure and was reliable on defence while Ennor ran purposefully in his many forays into the backline.

Hawkins MVP: Louis Harmon (New Brighton) 3, Lucas Hill (New Brighton) 2, Braydon Ennor (University) 1.

Bob Schumacher

Tenth-placed Burnside overcame eighth-placed University, 20-12, in the division two curtain-raiser after leading 12-0 at the break.

While Burnside had the better of the first half, scoring twice, University was attacking strongly in the final minutes before the break and continued doing so throughout the third quarter despite running into the strong wind.

Fullback Henry Boon, who often moved to first-five, set up tries in the 50th and 55th minutes to level the score. He jinked past two defenders before being collared near the line, but openside flanker Ryan Lill was on hand for the first try. Then a well-weighted grubber by Boon into the corner led to University’s second try.

Burnside scored its third try after 65min and University was denied a bonus point when Burnside kicked a penalty in the last act of the game.

Hooker Ruairi Wilson, a Scottish import, was an abrasive runner for Burnside and centre Wayne McKenzie was ever alert for an intercept and rushed up to make some enveloping tackles. Boon and Lill was among University’s best, along with lock Jonty Duncan, who was useful in the lineouts and strong in taking the ball up.



At Edgar MacIntosh Park: Sydenham 39 (Mike Herring, Moses Faletolu, Misi Lamositele, Milford Keresoma, Mitch Hunt, Matt James tries; Mitch Hunt 3 conv, Kieran Lindsay pen) beat Marist Albion 18 (Rowan O’Gorman, Robbie Harlow tries; Tom Reekie conv, 2 pen). HT: 13-8.

Sydenham took a while to do it but eventually they adapted far better to the dismal rain, wind and sodden ground conditions than hosts Marist Albion.

Utilising the well-placed grubber kick in muddy, slippery conditions to perfection, Sydenham crossed for three of their six tries by deftly sliding the ball behind Marist Albion’s at times non-existent defence, into the in goal area, for the advancing attackers to run onto.

Tries via this method were garnered by left wing Mike Herring for the first try on 7min, right wing Milford Keresoma on 67min and fullback Mitch Hunt on 79min, as the home team ran out of energy from battling both Sydenham and the cloying underfoot surface.

The game started with Sydenham being penalised from the kick-off and fullback Tom Reekie opening the scoring with less than a minute gone. That was soon followed by Herring’s try.

Reekie and Sydenham first-five Kieran Lindsay traded penalties around quarter time to give the visitors a narrow lead until stoppage time of the first half.

Marist Albion then made their one serious breakout and turned it into points, through the inveterate poacher, hooker Rowan O’Gorman, who slid over to score and give his team a rather fortuitous lead at the break, this following them having defended strongly for the bulk of the first half within their own territory.   

Sydenham took control of the match from the restart when the home team were unable to control the ball from the kick-off and were driven back to their line. Following several stubbornly defended forward drives, the ball was spun out for centre Moses Faletolu to easily outflank his marker and score.

Beginning to relish the dominance they were establishing up front, Sydenham’s pack quickly put in another series of forward marches, and with Marist Albion on the back foot, big blindside flanker Misi Lamositele forced himself through a mass of bodies to score.

The home team’s only other highlight of the match came on 54min, when from a rare incursion deep into Sydenham territory, halfback Robbie Harlow ran from a 5m scrum to score untouched, and close the gap to 18-22.

From here it was all downhill for Marist Albion. They were unceremoniously bundled out of the game as Sydenham piled on three more tries in the last quarter and closed the home team out with some uncompromising defence.

The match statistics had both sides evenly matched in possession, but Sydenham dominated territory and made far better use of the weather and ground conditions. The score-line did blow out somewhat towards the end but Sydenham were by far the better side.

By the end of the match it was very difficult to identify most players due to their mud-covered uniforms, apart from the replacements as they were rolled on.

For Sydenham, right wing Milford Keresoma was the everywhere man, popping up in various places to invigorate Sydenham’s attacks. No.8 Scott Kelly was a dominant force in the muddy conditions carrying the ball into the exchanges and he was ably supported by Misi Lamositele, veteran lock Kalave Aualiitia, and hooker Liam Smart.

Second-five Anthony Tiatia and centre Faletolu were a solid midfield, with fullback Hunt’s forays into the backline a threat.

Marist Albion captain-lock Ross Kennedy was strong in the lineouts but had to spend much time exhorting his troops to greater efforts to no avail. Halfback Harlow and No.8 Famalo Magele worked hard off the back of the scrums while Rowan O’Gorman was his usual impertinent self, never far from the action and his try was no surprise.

Reekie had a solid game at fullback but was afforded few chances. First-five Bouen Aranga had a steady game until invalided off with an arm injury.

Hawkins MVP: Milford Keresoma (Sydenham) 3, Scott Kelly (Sydenham) 2, Misi Lamositele (Sydenham) 1.

Donn Leckie

Marist Albion finally overcame a stubborn Christchurch, 18-8, in the division two curtain-raiser after trailing 0-8 at the break.

The home team were under the pump throughout the first half where Christchurch had three quarters of the territory and possession, but had little to show for it apart from a James Richards penalty and a try to right wing Elliot Scott.

Christchurch lock Henry Merchant was dominant in the lineouts, big No.8 Nev McGee was strong with the ball in hand and second-five Kyle Brewer proved a force in the midfield.

After the restart, a simple penalty from Marist Albion halfback Ollie Dimmick following a strong run by burly No.8 Sam Katoa closed the gap, then another Katoa run off a scrum put first-five Jonty Stewart over. Dimmick’s conversion gave the home team the lead which they didn’t give up.

Christchurch, despite a healthy advantage in the penalty count, had trouble holding on to the ball when needed, and a ruck turnover on 33min by Dimmick saw the little halfback scamper down the blind, grubber kick infield and win the chase to the ball in goal. A late Dimmick penalty goal completed the scoring.

Marist Albion centre Fritz Butler had a strong game.



At Rugby Park: High School Old Boys 17 (Harry Peeters, Jarred Percival tries; Jarred Percival 2 conv, pen) beat Christchurch 10 (Sam Cottam 2 tries). HT: 14-10. Referee: Blair Barclay.

In a game heavily affected by the weather, HSOB made the most of their limited opportunities to prevail over Christchurch in a tight contest.

Christchurch had the run of play for most of the match, but will be ruing their inability to convert pressure into points.

The rain fell steadily throughout the game, making handling difficult and stifling the ability of both sides to string phases together.

The game got off to a fast start however, belying the tricky conditions that both teams would struggle with later on.

After just 2min, first-five Jarred Percival opened the account for HSOB. Backing up after a line-break from second-five Ra Parker, Percival ran a nice support line to receive Parker’s pass and dot down under the posts.

Christchurch struck back immediately though. After turning down two kickable penalties, Christchurch opted to kick for touch instead. From the ensuing lineout drive, prop Sam Cottam crashed over to score.

Old Boys were playing with energy on defence, disrupting Christchurch’s ruck ball and keeping them pinned in their own half.

After 12min, the pressure paid off, with HSOB extending their lead to 12-5. Breaking away from a maul on Christchurch’s 22m line, hooker Nick Hyde bumped off one defender and drew in another to send halfback Harry Peeters over for a try in the right-hand corner.

From this point on though, the momentum of the game began to swing in Christchurch’s favour.

After a series of promising surges, Christchurch struck back on the 29min mark. Picking up a double before half-time, Cottam burrowed over from close range to bring the score to 14-10.

Christchurch had two more chances to score before the break, but handling errors at the goal-line denied them the lead going into half-time.

As the rain got heavier in the second-half, the points began to dry up for both sides.

An early penalty after 42min gave HSOB a 17-10 lead, but it would the last scoring action of the game.

HSOB adopted a more conservative approach after the break, kicking for territory and attempting to play the game in Christchurch’s half. First-five Percival attempted two long-range dropkicks, neither of which managed to hit the mark.

If anything, Christchurch’s dominance of the game increased after the break. Their rolling maul caused all sorts of headaches for HSOB, at one stage rumbling 40m down the field before coming to a halt.

But they could not convert their opportunities. Throughout the second-half, they turned down kickable penalties in an attempt to score tries, but time and again came away empty-handed.

HSOB also failed to capitalise on their second-half opportunities, missing three penalties and keeping Christchurch in the game right up until the final whistle.

For HSOB, Peeters was a standout, combining his sniping runs with some excellent tactical kicking. He also proved to be a menace at the breakdown, on multiple occasions hacking the ball through the ruck and disrupting Christchurch’s attack.

The Old Boys forward pack defended stoutly as well, with prop Blair Prinsep and No.8 Kurt Polson leading the way.

For Christchurch, Cottam had an action-packed performance. The big prop scored two tries and got through a lot of work round the field, including one memorable fend which sent a would-be tackler flying.

When given an opportunity with ball in hand, the centre combination of Daniel Koster and Inga Finau proved dangerous, consistently getting Christchurch over the gain-line.

Hawkins MVP: Harry Peeters (HSOB) 3, Sam Cottam (Christchurch) 2, Inga Finau (Christchurch) 1.

Tim Newman

No curtain-raiser was played.



At Burwood Park: Shirley 24 (Oli Mills, Junior Taia, Sean Wainui tries; Nathan Smith 3 conv, pen) beat Burnside 3 (Luke Reihana pen). HT: 17-3. Sin-bin: Jared Briggs (Shirley), Rowland Kotobalavu (Burnside). Referee: James Munro.

Shirley had enough power and skill to make sure of this one, but Burnside contributed much more to an action-packed contest than the score-line suggests.

There were two outstanding No.8s on display, Judd Robbins for Shirley and Burnside captain Tom Lindsay.

The strapping Robbins made the early running, carrying athletically and with fine control. Perhaps stung by the example Robbins set before he shifted to lock, Lindsay began to assert himself, hitting the passes and the defensive line with gusto, making more ground as the game went on.

It wasn’t an easy day for halfbacks, especially behind the lineouts, but Shirley youngster Oli Mills showed a lot of grit in difficult situations and a fine dash, notably when he scored the first try from 20m out.

Shortly after, and just on half-time, impressive openside flanker Junior Taia surged through to put the home side in a convincing position after making his mark earlier.

The other try, 15min from the end, came through an intercept by replacement forward George Akerei, whose pace showed why he used to play in the backs. First-five Nathan Smith loomed up inside to carry play on and Crusader Sean Wainui also showed fine presence to complete the movement.

Other players to stand out for Shirley were captain Hayden Mitchell, loosehead prop Tawhiri Wharehinga, slippery wing Brandon Fanolua, and second-five Vinimoa Letiu.

For Burnside, No.6 Philip Filipo was almost as feisty as Lindsay while lock Ben Kleinjan made big inroads with ball in hand.

Left wing Nathan Steele handled well going forward or back and when he went forward he gave Shirley anxious moments. Rowland Kotobalavu had his moments on the other wing.

Mitch Rhodes did well at halfback before being injured at the end of a darting run and openside flanker Ben Dixon made a startling burst early as part of a vigorous display before limping off near the end.

Hawkins MVP: Judd Robbins (Shirley) 3, Tom Lindsay (Burnside) 2, Oli Mills (Shirley) 1.

Jim Doyle

In the second-division curtain-raiser, Lincoln University headed off an aggressive Shirley, 17-10, the only points of the second half coming from a penalty goal by Lincoln first-five Jonty Kay.

Logan Crowley, a young player with first-division experience, shone at halfback for Lincoln while No.8 Matt Heffernan and lock Jack McFarlane had their usual influential games.

For Shirley, first-five Levi Inglis, lock Ben Hitchcock and prop Quentin Goodman were key figures in the spirited resistance.



At St Leonard’s Square: Linwood 16 (Poasa Mapu try; Zac Southen conv, 3 pen) beat Sumner 3 (Nik Cumming pen) HT: 3-3. Referee: Chelsea Gurr.

In deplorable conditions, it was Sumner’s willingness to play running rugby combined with their opposition having a clear ascendency up front that ultimately saw Linwood pull away in the second half in their 13-point victory.

In a game where holding onto the ball was always going to prove tough, it was Linwood who adapted better after half-time to claim the four competition points.

Linwood opened the scoring after 5min through a Zac Southen penalty goal after a strong lineout drive almost netted them the opening try.

Sumner responded moments later when Nik Cumming converted a penalty from 38m out to level the score in what would prove to be his only attempt of the afternoon.

The rest of the half was largely played in Linwood’s territory with Sumner producing a few strong forward drives, but their expansive play through the backs led to many errors as the sides remained locked at 3-3 at half-time.

The break for oranges brought about a change of tack in Linwood’s game plan as they got themselves on the front foot by plugging the corners with some pinpoint kicks which turned Sumner around and forced them to work it out from their own 22m.

They were unable to clear however as they made an error following a lineout 15m out from their own line and from the ensuing scrum Linwood plugged away, phase after phase on Sumner’s line.

Linwood’s persistence was rewarded when lock Poasa Mapu was driven across from a pick-and-go. Southen converted to give his side a decisive advantage with half an hour to play.

Seven minutes later Linwood, on the back of some well-placed kicks, found themselves hot on attack again before a maul infringement 5m out allowed Southen to extend their advantage to 10.

Sumner had some rare attacking raids in the final quarter, but they repeatedly broke down as they looked to push passes before Linwood marched down the field off the boot of Aayden Clarke where they were awarded a penalty and Southen kept his 100 percent record intact to complete their victory.

Linwood’s forward pack was the difference between the sides. Where Sumner looked to promote the football through the hands in the tough conditions, Linwood kept it tight to get over the gain-line and graft out a tough win.

Hooker Pita Anae-Ah Sue was at the forefront of rolling mauls and a strong scrum. A reliable ball carrier, Ah Sue got the green-and-blacks on the front foot time and again.

Lock Mapu was another standout in a strong forward effort as he netted the game’s only try whilst also winning plenty of ball at lineout time.

Clarke was also a key contributor as he turned Sumner around with a number of kicks behind the line in the second half while Southen remarkably kicked four from four to take full advantage of the opportunities his side created.

For Sumner, flanker Joel Robbidge was solid on defence and Dylan Nel produced plenty of strong carries. In the backs Poasa Waqanibau looked threatening with limited opportunity.

Hawkins Medal (MVP): Pita Anae-Ah Sue (Linwood) 3, Poasa Mapu (Linwood) 2, Joel Robbidge (Sumner) 1.

Anthony Morgan

New Brighton made it eight wins from eight in the division two curtain-raiser following a grinding 30-6 win over Sumner.

Like the division one match, Sumner were right in the contest, down only 8-6 at half-time, but New Brighton, injected with the experience of prop Rawiri Karena and John Vili in their ranks powered away with three unanswered tries in the second half.

New Brighton’s pack, led by No.8 Dougie Stewart, was strong, regularly getting on the front foot on attack, while their defence was rock solid with Sumner unable to trouble their try-line.

Sumner’s points came via two Josh Toy penalty goals, but the conditions prevented many opportunities for their backs including reliable wing Corey Anderson, who provided some strong carries while being solid under the high ball.



At Sheldon Park: Lincoln University 74 (Josh Ma’u 3, Jordie Barrett 2, Hugo Nankivell 2, Luke McKenna, Josh McKay, Nick Lake, Harrison Courtney tries; Barrett 8 conv, pen) beat Belfast 3 (Will Stevens pen). HT: 17-3. Referee: Gareth Reed. Sin-bin: George Latta (LU).

It was David and Goliath but contrary to folklore this time Goliath won.

Lincoln University demonstrated why they are the competition leaders as they outclassed Belfast, 74-3, in an 11-try romp.

The students dominant scrum set a platform and gave freedom to a slick backline where second-five Jordie Barrett gave a quality performance in his last club game before joining the NZ U20 team. Barrett and his team-mate, fullback Caleb Makene, along with Hamish Dalzell will spearhead a strong Canterbury contingent in the quest for world honours.

Barrett's display will have pleased NZ coach Scott Robertson not only with his general play where he scored two tries but with his kicking for goal in difficult conditions where he was successful with nine from 12 attempts.

Barrett put his stamp on the game early with a penalty and a converted try after 20min when he received an infield return pass from centre Jack Goodhue. Just before half-time, No.8 Hugo Nankivell was unstoppable when he charged over from 15m out.

The visitors were straight onto the front foot from the resumption and, as the weather deteriorated, they rained tries on a fatigued Belfast side. Lincoln added a further nine for the half including a hat-trick to replacement hooker Josh Ma'u.

In a game of total Lincoln domination, Barrett and Nankivell were standout performers with strong supporting roles from Makene, Goodhue and flanker Luke McKenna.

Hawkins MVP: Jordie Barrett (LU) 3, Hugo Nankivell (LU) 2, Luke McKenna (LU) 1.

Stewart Taylor

There would have been little joy in the Belfast clubrooms as their division two side also lost the curtain-raiser, 18-10, to Sydenham.

Sydenham were deserved winners but would rue some poor option-taking and decision-making which could have proved costly on any other day.

The visitors were ahead 8-0 at the break, but Belfast hit back with a converted try just after the resumption to close the gap to 8-7 and it looked for a brief period that it was game on. Sydenham, however, replied with a converted try and the game ended with both sides adding a penalty each.

Flanker Simon Morse had a strong game in a battling visitors’ forward pack and first- five Chris Prebble directed play well. Fullback Jimmy Lim was a force to be reckoned with when running the ball back.

Flanker Corey McKenzie showed good touches for the home side and lock Mark McQuillan, playing his first game for two years, was a solid performer in the tight. Fullback Nikora Jarvis was a safe and a dependable last line of defence.

Western Australian referee D Notley was certainly one who would not have appreciated the weather conditions.




Hawkins Logo Hawkins Leaderboards

111: Jarred Percival (HSOB)
81: Nik Cumming (Sumner)
68: Kieran Lindsay (Sydenham)
66: Zac Southen (Linwood)
62: Jordie Barrett (LU)
59: Marty McKenzie (University)
55: Brett Cameron (LU)
54: Scott Davidson (New Brighton)
50: Cam Bailey (Chch)
6: Kalavini Leatigaga (Linwood), Amanaki Nicole (Sydenham)
5: Zac Trusler (New Brighton), Brad Hemopo (University), Isaac Leota (University), Marty McKenzie (University), George Bridge (HSOB), Jarred Percival (HSOB).
9: Finlay Christie (University), Jack Stratton (LU)
7: Inga Finau (Chch)
6: Marty McKenzie (University), Amanaki Nicole (Sydenham), Brett Cameron (LU), Ross Kennedy (Marist Albion), Frank Havea (Belfast), Hugo Nankivell (LU)
5: Billy Harmon (New Brighton), Jarred Percival (HSOB), Lawrence Babe (Sumner), Milford Keresoma (Sydenham), Jordie Barrett (LU)


Points as at 21 May

Team Played Wins Draws Losses Defaults Bonus For Against F/A Points
Lincoln University Div 1 8 6 1 1 0 8 326 148 178 34
New Brighton Div 1 8 6 0 2 0 6 244 121 123 30
Sydenham Div 1 8 6 0 2 0 4 267 138 129 28
Linwood Div 1 8 5 1 2 0 6 216 200 16 28
University Div 1 8 5 0 3 0 6 261 156 105 26
Christchurch Div 1 8 5 0 3 0 5 229 158 71 25
HSOB Div 1 8 5 0 3 0 2 239 186 53 22
Marist Albion Div 1 8 4 0 4 0 4 221 241 -20 20
Shirley Div 1 8 2 0 6 0 4 146 240 -94 12
Sumner Div 1 8 2 0 6 0 3 178 225 -47 11
Belfast Div 1 8 1 0 7 0 3 100 451 -351 7
Burnside Div 1 8 0 0 8 0 1 114 277 -163 1

Other Results


Challenge Shield Match - Lincoln University Retain

Shirley 10 v. Lincoln University 17, Suburbs 7 v. Lyttelton 14, Sumner 6 v. New Brighton 30, University 12 v. Burnside 20, HSOB 15 v. Linwood 5, Marist Albion 18 v. Christchurch 8, Belfast 10 v. Sydenham 18;



Challenge Shield Match – University Win

University 21 v. HSOB 19, Shirley 0 v. Burnside 84, Linwood 12 v. Belfast 12, Sydenham 9 v. Lincoln University 10, Marist Albion 29 v. New Brighton 13, Christchurch bye;



Challenge Shield Match - Marist Albion Beacons Retain

Marist Albion Beacons 20 v. Christchurch 17, Suburbs 0 v. HSOB 81, University v. Burnside, no result received, Otautahi v. Marist Albion, Marist Albion win by default;



Catch Up Game – Wednesday, 18 May 2016

CBHS 2nd XV 32 v. University 8;

Saturday, 21 May 2016

Challenge Shield Match – University Win

University 26 v. Christchurch 13, Glenmark-Cheviot 34 v. Ashley 15, Sumner v. New Brighton, Sumner Win by Default, HSOB 67 v. Linwood 0, Merivale Papanui 31 v. Marist Albion 0, Burnside 0 v. CBHS 2nd XV 34, Lincoln University bye;



Challenge Shield Match – Suburbs S Win

Suburbs S 18 v. Marist Albion 17, Shirley W v. New Brighton, New Brighton Win by Default, Belfast 8 v. Lyttelton 17;



Challenge Shield Match – Linwood B Win

Christchurch C 5 v. Linwood B 18, Sumner S 5 v. Belfast M 19, Shirley 7 v. HSOB K 17, Sydenham S 49 v. Burnside 7;



Challenge Shield Match - University Holder

University v. Linwood, no result received, Kaiapoi 55 v. Marist Albion 0, Suburbs 58 v. Burn/Duns/Irwell 5, HSOB 5 v. Christchurch 24, Burnside 12 v. Lincoln 50, Sydenham bye;



Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Christchurch BHS 60 v. Timaru BHS 0;

Saturday, 21 May 2016

Nelson College 6 v. Christchurch BHS 6, Rangiora HS 5 v. Burnside HS 15, Christs College 34 v. Lincoln HS 7, Ashburton College 21 v. Waimea Combined 27, St Bedes College 21 v. Timaru BHS 10, St Thomas 5 v. St Andrew's College 22, Roncalli College bye;

Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Shirley BHS v. Marlborough B C


Site by Orbital Ltd