SBS Bank Hawkins

Game Day - Week 17

24 Jul 2016

Metro Logo Hawkins Logo SATURDAY 23rd July 2016

SCORES.-Trophy Semi-Finals: New Brighton 24 Christchurch 20; Lincoln University 36 Sydenham 34. Plate Semi-Finals: University 37 Sumner 15; Marist Albion 63 Linwood 38. Bowl Semi-Finals: HSOB 52 Burnside 14. Shirley 27 Belfast 10.



The Hawkins Cup champion New Brighton will play the Hawkins Trophy title-holder Lincoln University in the Metro Division One championship final at Rugby Park next Sunday after both narrowly got home in their semi-finals.

New Brighton, coming off two straight losses, overcame its bogey team and last year’s beaten Trophy finalist, Christchurch, 24-20, after powerhouse replacement centre Alisi Tupuailei, a former Canterbury wing, scorched over for the winning try 9min from time.

Lincoln University had an even closer call, a two-point victory at home over Sydenham with New Zealand Under 20 representative Jordie Barrett, a younger brother of Crusaders lock Scott Barrett and All Black first-five Beauden, playing a starring role.

Appropriately it was Barrett who scored the winning try in injury time for he was the architect of the Lincoln University comeback which saw the students come from 12-27 down after an hour to win, 36-34.

Outstanding Sydenham captain Misi Lamositele was behind the build-up to Sydenham scoring with 3min to play and take a 34-26 lead. Remarkably, Lincoln scored a try on full-time then Barrett beat the last defender after an Anty Burnett break to clinch the match in injury time.

The Plate final on Saturday will be between Marist Albion, which won all five games in the bottom six before overwhelming Linwood, the bottom finisher in the top six, 63-38, and University. Marist Albion scored nine tries and led 41-12 at the break.

Wing Chris Crichton scored a hat-trick to advance his season’s total to 18 and has almost certainly won the award for most tries.

University, fifth in the top six, scored six of the eight tries in their 37-15 win over Sumner and halfback Finlay Christie, who scored twice, picked up two points in the Most Valuable Player contest to win the Hawkins Medal, the first University player to do so.

The Bowl final will match High School Old Boys, an emphatic victor over winless Burnside, against Shirley, which scored five tries to Belfast’s two in their semi-final.

Old Boys first-five Jarred Percival contributed 17 points to bring up his 200 and he will win the most points award with nearest rival Sumner first-five Nik Cumming on 193 but his team eliminated with the loss to University.



At Chch Park: New Brighton 24 (Billy Harmon, Alisi Tupuailei tries; Scott Davidson conv, 4 pen) beat Christchurch 20 (Angus Middleton, Matt Thatcher tries; Matt Kottier conv; Thatcher conv; Cam Bailey pen; Sam England pen). HT: 14-10. Referee: Jamie Nutbrown.

The jinx is over. New Brighton’s losing run of four games against Christchurch came to an end in the semi-final, but as is usually the case between the teams there was little in it.

After conceding a converted try on 7min, Brighton struck back with a Scott Davidson penalty after 10min and the seasiders had a one-point lead 2min later when captain Billy Harmon finished a sweeping 30m move instigated by prop Carisbrook To’omalatai with the ball passing through six sets of hands.

The second quarter was all about penalty goals, two to New Brighton and one to Christchurch with the visitor leading at the break, 14-10. Brighton had use of the northerly in the first half and the question was whether that was sufficient to withstand last year’s beaten Trophy finalist.

That was increased to a seven-point lead when Davidson kicked his fourth penalty after 47min, but Brighton’s good work was undone in the twinkle of an eye.

After 55min Brighton centre Rhys Keith threw a high floating pass 30m out which fell comfortably into the hands of Christchurch fullback Matt Thatcher, who had a clear run to the line. He converted his try to tie the score.

Christchurch had the lead for the second time when its fourth goal-kicker, Sam England, who had played halfback for the Christchurch Colts premier team for the first half of the curtain-raiser, slotted a 36m penalty.

Brighton has self-destructed late in recent games against Christchurch and it was on the brink of doing so again with a lack of patience becoming evident and too much ball turned over.

But with 9min remaining Brighton struck with a vengeance with its bench players playing a significant part, Replacement halfback Tony Christie made the initial inroad and wing Henare Faithfull made valuable metres before linking with Christie.

Christchurch players rushed the breakdown 25m out but were left short of defence out wide which Brighton exploited. The ball was transferred quickly to the right and to replacement centre Alisi Tupuailei and there was no stopping the big man as he charged 18m to the line.

Davidson’s conversion 5m from the touch-line gave it added value for Christhurch needed a try to take the lead and that never really looked likely over the final minutes as Brighton, sensing the win, made most of the play and kept the ball inside the home team’s territory.

Billy Harmon was an inspirational leader for Brighton, the openside flanker making some storming runs and tackling with great gusto. Brother Louis Harmon and tireless No.8 Aaron McCoy were little inferior while To’omalatai also embarked on some bruising bursts in close quarters.

Nobody tried harder for Christchurch than lock Brad Tucker who lost his second-row partner and captain William Mills to injury after 27min. He was reliable in the lineouts and carried the ball with vigour. Halfback Nick Annear had a sound first 40min with long clearances and strong tackling around the back of Brighton’s scrum.

Hawkins MVP: Billy Harmon (New Brighton) 3, Carisbrook To’omalatai (New Brighton) 2, Brad Tucker (Chch) 1.

Bob Schumacher

Christchurch earned a place in the premier colts Trophy final with an 18-10 win over Marist Albion in the curtain-raiser. Christchurch scored its two tries in the first half and led at the break, 15-3.

Marist Albion was back in the game 3min into the second half when one its best players, halfback Steve Phillips, forced his way across to narrow the gap to five points. Christchurch responded with a penalty 3min later and it stayed at 18-10 to the end.

A lot of penalties, dropped ball and ill-discipline made the second half a scrappy spectacle.

Christchurch was well served by its diligent flankers, Declan McCormick and Brad Johns, McCormick scoring the first try with a sharp run to the corner and he laid off the pass for speedy left wing Harry Murray to score the second.

Marist Albion wing Michael Gill showed a good turn of speed and was unlucky to have put a foot out as he sped to the corner in the first half. Soon after he lost the ball as he went to place it for a try. No.8 Luke Cody was always close to the action and shirked nothing on defence.



At Lincoln: Lincoln University 36 (Jordie Barrett 2, Caleb Makene, Jonno Osbourne, Nick Werahiko, Logan Crowley tries; Barrett 3 conv) beat Sydenham 34 (Kieran Lindsay, Moses Faletolu, Ash Hyde, Matt James, Jordan Stone tries; Kieran Lindsay conv; Mitch Hunt 2 conv, pen). HT: 5-24. Referee: Blair Barclay.

There’s something special about the Barrett boys and the youngest of the crop might even have a bit extra.

Jordie Barrett almost single-handedly swept Lincoln University to a sensational come-from-behind win, scoring the winning try in injury time after Sydenham’s outstanding captain Misi Lamositele had done the hard yards to get Jordan Stone across 3min from the end for a 34-26 lead.

When substitute halfback Logan Crowley scored for Lincoln almost on full-time no-one surely would have believed the impossible was about to happen. But it did.

Here’s a brief run-down of the Barrett contribution from the start of the last quarter, when Lincoln were down 12-27.

At 60min: Barrett suddenly spears deep into the Sydenham red zone and holds his ground to put a perceptive Nick Werahiko across. Barrett converts from in front.

At 70min: Barrett puts himself into space again, but with seemingly nowhere to go. He pops up the perfectly weighted chip-kick and strolls through to score. Converts from wide out.

At 80+min: Anty Burnett breaks out from the deep and finds Barrett ranging up outside him. Barrett races down the right side then really puts the hammer down to swerve around the last defender and score a try the best wing in the world would be proud of. The Lincoln bench erupts. (Barrett misses the conversion.)

If Sydenham had won the match, Misi Lamositele, who started the match at No.8 then switched to the blindside flank to make way for the imposing Scott Kelly early in the second half, and Matt James, who switched scrum sides at the same time, would have been one and two (or the other way around) in the most valuable player stakes.

Lamositele came off injured after he made the burst which led to Stone’s try, and like everybody else would have considered it a job well done. Sydenham must have been shell-shocked but as one official said at the end: “That’s finals footy.”

Even so it was almost incredible. If Barrett did most of the damage, Burnett was close behind. The nuggety loose forward, who is more used to wearing the No.6 jersey, started at No.7 and shifted to No.8 when Hugo Nankivell came off at half-time with a rib injury.

The loss of Nankivell seemed a big blow to Lincoln, but Burnett took over the role superbly. Hamish Dalzell was another to lead from the front. Caleb Makene was dangerous from fullback.

For Sydenham, Mitch Hunt was in dynamic form from the rear and took over the goal-kicking duties to good effect.

Hawkins Medal (MVP): Jordie Barrett (Lincoln University) 3, Anty Burnett (Lincoln University) 2, Misi Lamositele (Sydenham) 1.

Jim Doyle

The wise heads of New Brighton had the up-front grunt and nous to beat Lincoln University 32-21 in the second division semi-final.

The forwards, well led by captain and No.8 Dougie Stewart, gained almost all the plaudits while first-five Paddy Smith was singled out for controlling the game after the pack had done their thing.

For Lincoln, prop Patrick Stefano was big on the carry in the second half and No.8 Matt Heffernan was in imposing form. Halfback Jono Schwass had a stint on the wing and did very well there, scoring a runaway try to make his day.



Marist Albion v Linwood At Linfield Park: Marist Albion 63 (Chris Crichton 3, Marce Taulango 2, Dylan Lolohea, Jacob O’Connell, Charlie Gamble, Zac Lilly tries; Tom Reekie 4 conv, pen; Chris Leader 2 conv, pen) beat Linwood 38 (Keneti Alatimu, Kalavini Leatigaga, Aayden Clarke, Aaron Gamble, Paul Garner, Maia Gibbs tries; Clarke 4 conv). HT: 41-12. Referee: James Munro. Sin-bin: Marce Taulango (Marist Albion). 

Linwood’s season came to a crashing halt at the hands of a dominant Marist Albion who exploited the windy conditions in their favour in the first half from the outset.

A total of 101 points were scored during the game but Linwood were never in the hunt. Marist Albion blasted out of the starting gates and totally blitzed the home team at a point a minute for the first 40min, scoring six tries and 41 points by the time the half-time whistle sounded.

Right wing Chris Chrichton cemented his place at the head of the season’s try-scorers with a treble taking his tally to 18, well ahead of second place.

Using the strong nor-west wind to advantage, the visitors began to run riot very early. Kicking for territory was the aim, but poor clearances from Linwood handed the ball back allowing Marist Albion to run through the Linwood’s defences which had gone on holiday.

Tries in the first quarter to left wing Dylan Lolohea, No.8 Jacob O’Connell, Crichton the first of his triple and prop Marce Taulango the first of his brace, effectively quelled Linwood’s chances.

The visitor’s defence was looking impenetrable and they began kicking the ball away and not always to touch. A run back by Linwood second-five Louis Devery found a gap and he put right wing Keneti Alatimu across to open the home team’s account.

Linwood, although well behind on the scoreboard never gave up and began to chases the game, but inevitably errors came. Taulango was gifted an intercept 35m out for his pair, Crichton’s second was simple but Linwood had the last say before the break, throwing caution to the wind and with hooker Pita Anae-Ah Sue leading the way with some solid drives, put left wing Kalavini Leatigaga in wide out. But the game was effectively over as a contest at this point.

Linwood had a slight advantage points-wise in the second stanza, with tries to first-five Aayden Clarke, prop Aaron Gamble, flanker Paul Garner and replacement halfback Maia Gibbs, as Marist Albion’s defensive resolve faded.

But it conceded tries to flanker Charlie Gamble, Crichton, with an intercept trifecta, and replacement back Zac Lilly, who had the final say with time almost up. First-five Chris Leader’s sideline conversion brought up the 101 points for the match.

For Marist Albion, many players had excellent games on attack but their defensive complement was lacking at times.

Marist Albion v LinwoodCrichton’s treble was noteworthy, Gamble was busy ferreting for the ball in those dark places, hooker Rowan O’Gorman was his usual niggly self, getting in the opposition’s face and letting them know he was there. Skipper Ross Kennedy was a tower in the lineouts and veteran prop Taulango earned one try but will never have an easier second from 35m out.

Linwood’s Anae-Ah Sue was in dynamic form, while Leatigaga and Alatimu took their chances. First-five Clarke was a steady pivot and prop Gamble deserved his try for hard work.     

Hawkins Medal MVP: Charlie Gamble (MA) 3, Tom Reekie (MA) 2, Pita Anae-Ah Sue (Lin) 1

Donn Leckie

The division two curtain-raiser between Linwood and Sydenham saw the home team reverse the result of their earlier meeting, winning 17-12.

Linwood conceded the first points after 20min when a clearing kick was charged and regathered, spun wide to Sydenham fullback Jim Lim who crossed wide out.

Linwood No.8 Tom Latham was a one man wrecking ball throughout. Two minutes after Lim’s try Latham levelled the score with a strong barge, but not long after Sydenham’s centre put through a delightful grubber kick which sat up nicely for wing Jack Payne to gather in and score.

A Penaia Otepaia penalty for Linwood reduced the deficit to 10-12 at the break.  

On 54min, Latham was over again, this time from the back of a scrum to regain the lead which the home team held, but only just as Sydenham finished strongly.

Hooker Cam Baines, locks Vitale Ilalio and Richie Fualau, had strong games and man mountain prop Tulima Fualau held up the front row for the full 80min.  



At Ilam Fields: University 37 (Finlay Christie 2, Ryan O’Sullivan, Nigel Gibb, Isaac Leota, tries; Brad Hemopo 3 conv; 2 pen) beat Sumner 15 (Reece McCaffrey, Jarrod Hedley tries; Nik Cumming conv, pen). HT: 15-7. Referee: Kane McBride. Sin-bin: Ross McCann, Matene Downes (both Sumner).

After a stern tussle in which both sides tried to play with purpose and pace, despite the blustery nor’wester, University were made to earn their (five tries to two), 37-15, victory against a Sumner side that was in the hunt until the final 10min.

Kicking off into the strong wind, the visitors were soon under pressure and following a couple of goal-line skirmishes, University flanker Ryan O’Sullivan received the ball and dived over in the corner. Soon after Brad Hemopo kicked a penalty for the students and it looked gloomy for Sumner.

Both sides decided on a ball in hand, run it at them approach, which created excitement because hard hits and the vagaries of the wind created lots of turnovers and switches from defence to attack in a blink.

At the end of the first quarter, following a series of penalties for not releasing in the tackle, University took a tap and Finlay Christie was on hand to dot down for Hemopo to convert and a 15-point advantage.

However, Sumner kept taking it back at the students and were rewarded in the 34thmin when, from close range, Reece McCaffrey wrong-footed the defence and glided in beside the posts. Nik Cumming converted for what was to be a half-time score of 15-7 to the home team.

Sumner lost a player to the bin at the 45thmin mark which didn’t aid their cause, although they registered the next points when Cumming slotted a penalty in the 53rd min. Hemopo landed one for the students 2min later to restore the eight-point advantage.

Sumner got to within five when Poasa Waqanibau carved up the University defence and put replacement Jarrod Hedley over wide out. The conversion missed but we had a three-point ball game with 15min to play.

Sumner started to create chances all over the park but couldn’t clinch it due to tremendous defensive pressure created by University in which Sam Godwin was into everything. 

Sumner missed an easy penalty that would have tied it up, but then in the last 10min they possibly tried too hard to score.

University fed off some soft turnovers and wrong optio- taking to punish them with three tries, two converted by Hemopo, in the last 8min.  Finlay got his second when a rampaging charge by replacement Connor O’Leary smashed through the defence and the offload on the line was made and taken.

Isaac Leoto showed a clean pair of heels when he grabbed a turnover and sprinted 70m to touch down. In referee’s time Sumner fell off the tackles and Nigel Gibb went in after a long range solo run.

The standout player for University was Godwin. Accurate in everything he did on both attack, defence and support. Christie worked tirelessly in testing conditions and knew how to sniff out a try. Leota and Gibb were sound in the mid-ield and worked in tandem to good effect.

For Sumner, Tom Crozier did his core duties effectively and was prominent in defence and taking the pill forward. Lawrence Babe was a good contributor at lineout and go forward. Tu’uta Simalie featured in the action before being subbed. Centres Waqanibau and Wesley Mauafu made several piercing breaks.

Hawkins MVP: Sam Godwin (University), 3 Finlay Christie (University) 2, Tom Crozier (Sumner) 1.

Paddy Brandon

The women’s Trophy semi-final between University and Suburbs was a cracker. Full of action and kept interest till the end. With the aid of the blustery nor’wester, University led, 28-15, at the break.

However, Suburbs had been giving as well as they got. Only a reluctance to close the gap defensively, allowing the students to build up a head of steam got them out to 21-0 in the first quarter.

The teams went to half-time with University having scored four tries and Suburbs three. The big difference being that Kendra Cocksedge converted four and Suburbs none.

After the break the visitors scored and converted to close the gap to six and it was all on. Then the wind faded away and tensions mounted. A fracas resulted in the referee having some stern words to the respective captains.

University showed their respect for the visitor by taking a penalty kick at goal. Then they scored a good try to reach their final tally of 36. Suburbs had the last word with an unconverted try and the final whistle came with University ahead, 36-27.

Both sides scored five tries and the difference was the goal-kicking. University notables were Cocksedge, Nicole Puoyon, Keilamarita Pouri-lane and replacement Hanna Poff.

Suburbs players who stood out were Sui Pauraisa, Keri Robertson, Sharntay Poku and Corrina Wylie.  



At Bob Deans Park: HSOB 52 (Josh Taylor 2, Brad Ness 2, Daryl Lamborn, Joe Taylor, Will Hamilton, Jarred Percival tries; Jarred Percival 6 conv) beat Burnside 14 (Gerard Burke, Stanley Clarke tries; Luke Reihana 2 conv). HT: 31-7. Referee: Liam Scanlon. Sin-bin: Owen Murphy (Burnside).

HSOB won their Bowl semi-final comfortably against Burnside, cruising to an eight-try victory.

While Burnside took an early lead courtesy of a try to blindside flanker Gerard Burke, they didnot score again until the 70min mark.

Throughout the rest of the first half, HSOB put on 31 unanswered points, scoring five tries in the process. Wing Joe Taylor scored the pick of the tries, showing great speed on a 40m run, finishing off a counter-attacking move started by halfback Will Hamilton. 

After the half-time break, the game became even more open and unstructured, with both teams having a go at running the ball from deep inside their own territory.

HSOB picked up three more tries to put the game well beyond doubt, but Burnside finished the game strongly, scoring a consolation try on 70min through prop Stanley Clarke.

For HSOB, No. 8 Daryl Lamborn ran powerfully in the loose and off the back of the scrum, while hooker Brad Ness contributed with two well-taken tries.

Fullback Josh Taylor was the best back on display, showing great speed and footwork to score two fine individual tries.

Burnside’s forwards had a tough time matching their HSOB counterparts, but Burke put in an 80min performance and was on hand to score one of his team’s two tries.

Luke Reihana moved in from his regular second-five spot into first-five, and got the Burnside backline going forward with some direct running.

Hawkins MVP: Josh Taylor (HSOB) 3, Daryl Lamborn (HSOB) 2, Brad Ness (HSOB) 1.

Tim Newman 

No curtain-raiser was played with HSOB winning by default over Lyttelton in the division two plate semi-final.



At Burwood 1: Shirley 27 (Asora Tuiloma 2, Sione Fifita 2, Phil Watson tries; Nathan Smith conv) beat Belfast 10 (Luke Waller try; Will Stevens conv, pen) HT: 10-0. Referee: Carl Johnson.

Despite Nathan Smith’s boot leading him astray, Shirley notched up five tries-to-one in their win over Belfast to book their spot in next Saturday’s Bowl final.

Shirley’s ball retention was a key factor in the result as they spent large periods on attack with ball in hand which netted them two unanswered first half tries.

The first saw prop Asora Tuiloma bust through a couple of tackles out in the midfield on a 20m run to the line while the second came after concerted pressure from a number of phases before lock Phil Watson barged his way over for a 10-0 half-time lead.

Belfast injected some life into the game early in the second half when they spread the ball wide and consolidated possession for a period of time before the ball was spread left where flanker Luke Waller showed a good turn of foot to score in the corner.

Shirley’s reply was instant however. Belfast made an error from the kick-off and Shirley spread the ball right where Tuiloma crossed for his second after he pounced on an errant pass which looked like it went forward.

Shirley’s stroke of luck saw them lead by eight before a Will Stevens’ penalty got Belfast back to 15-10 before a bit of individual brilliance from Liam Timoteo gave Shirley a bit of breathing space.

Timoteo chipped over the defence from inside his own half, regathered the ball and passed to Brandon Fanolua who turned it back inside to Sione Fifita who scored under the posts.

Fifita completed an impressive showing off the bench when he finished off a sweeping backline movement in the corner with time up on the clock.

Timoteo had an impressive day out for Shirley and was always menacing with ball in hand.

His chip and regather to set up Fifita’s first try was the turning point of the second half with Belfast pressing hard on Shirley’s line in a bid to take the lead. Timoteo’s injection put to bed any hopes of a Belfast revival.

Prop Tuiloma crossed for a brace of tries and was a regular out in the backline where he played like another midfielder. He showed strength and a good turn of pace to cross for his first try before he left the field with an injury midway through the second half.

Fifita had an impressive cameo after coming on midway through the second half. He crossed for two tries after being a strong support runner to a couple of breakout bits of play from the Shirley backline.

Frank Havea produced a number of solid carries for Belfast and always looked capable of sparking a line break for his side down the right flank as he churned out plenty of metres in a losing cause.

Hawkins Medal (MVP): Liam Timoteo (Shirley) 3, Asora Tuiloma (Shirley) 2, Frank Havea (Belfast) 1.

Anthony Morgan


Hawkins Logo

Hawkins Leaderboards



201: Jarred Percival (HSOB)
193: Nik Cumming (Sumner)
150: Kieran Lindsay (Sydenham)
144: Scott Davidson (New Brighton)
121: Tom Reekie (Marist Albion)
120: Brett Cameron (LU)
108: Brad Hemopo (University)
107: Jordie Barrett (LU)
96: Zac Southen (Linwood)
91: Nathan Smith (Shirley)
90: Chris Crichton (Marist Albion)
18: Chris Crichton (Marist Albion)
12: Aaron McCoy (New Brighton), Kalavini Leatigaga (Linwood)
10: Dylan Nel (Sumner), Amanaki Nicole (Sydenham), Milford Keresoma (Sydenham), Brad Hemopo (University)
9: Josh McKay (LU). Ross McCann (Sumner0
8: Misi Lamositele (Sydenham), Rowan O’Gorman (Marist Albion), Inga Finau (Chch), Jarred Percival (HSOB), Finlay Christie (University)
7: George Bridge (HSOB), Zac Trusler (New Brighton), Braydon Ennor (University).
MVP (final points):
21: Finlay Christie (University)
19: Misi Lamositele (Sydenham)
16: Aaron McCoy (New Brighton)
15: Frank Havea (Belfast)
12: Jack Stratton (LU), Dylan Nel (Sumner)
11: Jarred Percival (HSOB), Nik Cumming (Sumner), Lawrence Babe (Sumner), Jordie Barrett (LU), Charlie Gamble (Marist Albion)
10: Hugo Nankivell (LU), Ross Kennedy (Marist Albion), Billy Harmon (New Brighton)
9: Inga Fina (Chch), Matt Etheredge (Chch), Phil Watson (Shirley)
8: Milford Keresoma (Sydenham), Brad Hemopo (University), Tom Reekie (Marist Albion)


Other Results


Christchurch 20 v. Burnside 25, Lincoln University 21 v. New Brighton 32;


Linwood 17 v. Sydenham 12, HSOB v. Lyttelton, HSOB win by Default;


University 19 v. Shirley 38, Marist Albion 10 v. Sumner 36, Suburbs 20 v. Belfast 17;



Christchurch 18 v. Marist Albion 10, Lincoln University 12 v. Burnside 0;


Sydenham 38 v. University 8, New Brighton 14 v. HSOB 51;



Marist Albion Beacons 20 v. Christchurch 42, HSOB 34 v. Burnside 14;


Challenge Shield - Marist Albion Holder

Otautahi v. University, no result received, Marist Albion bye;



Challenge Shield Match - Merivale Papanui Retain

Glenmark-Cheviot 15 v. Merivale Papanui 28, Christchurch 3 v. CBHS 2nd XV 15, HSOB 41 v. University 14;


Lincoln University 35 v. Burnside 8, Sumner v. Ashley, no result received;



Challenge Shield Match - Lyttelton Retain

New Brighton 5 v. Lyttelton 20, Marist Albion 61 v. Suburbs S 15;


Belfast 21 v. Suburbs Div 3 19, Shirley W bye;



Challenge Shield Match – Sydenham S Win

Sydenham S 24 v. Belfast M 22, Sumner S 29 v. HSOB K 10;


Linwood B 24 v. Shirley Div 4 28, Burnside Div 4 26 v. Christchurch C 54;



Christchurch 48 v. HSOB 5, University v. Suburbs, no result received;


Lincoln 22 v. Kaiapoi 28, Sydenham 22 v. Linwood 19;



Shirley BHS 10 v. Christs College 33, Lincoln HS 19 v. Ashburton College 14, Burnside HS 17 v. Marlborough B C 20, Rangiora HS 13 v. Christchurch BHS 83, St Thomas 12 v. St Bedes College 22, Waimea Combined 17 v. Timaru BHS 29, St Andrew's College 55 v. Roncalli College 15, Nelson College bye;



Site by Orbital Ltd